Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Is there a website where I can learn MS DOS programming language and tutorials?

I know this sounds weird but when I was younger I learned assembly language for the 6409 and Z80 cpu's, but I never learned MS DOS and would like to learn. Also if you know of a good free assembly launguage compiler for my Dell inspiron 1501, AMD turion MK-36, 32 bit operating system. would be greatly appretiated. I just would like to get back into assembly language programming.





Thank you.Is there a website where I can learn MS DOS programming language and tutorials?
Google on ';DOS programming tutorial';. I'm sure that one of them will cover what you want to know. Be advised that DOS is not assembler.Is there a website where I can learn MS DOS programming language and tutorials?
MS DOS commands can be found via Programs, Accessories, Command Prompt - type Help or for command such as Help Copy.





You might get the free Watcom C/C++ Compiler. You can include assembly code in this to run via DOS or Windows.





http://www.openwatcom.org/index.php/Main鈥?/a>





Examples of assembly code can be found at my site:





http://freespace.virgin.net/roy.longbott鈥?/a>
MSDOS is not a programming language. It is simply a set of commands many of which were pinched from Unix. The closest you can get to 'programming' in DOS is to create and run a batch file. This is simply a series of commands that are executed sequentially from the file.

No comments:

Post a Comment